Celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week
By Anita Merina
It’s Teacher Appreciation Week and around the country thousands of communities are taking time out to honor local educators and acknowledge the crucial role our nation’s teachers play in making sure every student receives a quality education.
NEA Board members took to Capitol Hill last week to ask members of Congress last Thursday to support and co-sponsor Senate Resolution 126 and House Resolution 167 recognizing National Teacher Appreciation Week and Tuesday, May 7, National Teacher Day.
How can you help spread the word about Teacher Appreciation Week and National Teacher Day?
- Update your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life. You can use “Happy Teacher Appreciation day!” with a personal message for the teacher in your life.
- Sign our “Thank an Educator” pledge to show your support and appreciation.
- Use our Teacher Day cover image on your Facebook and Twitter Accounts
- Share our teacher appreciation videos with your favorite educator to say “Thanks” and post them to your social networks to encourage others to Thank a Teacher.
- Check out our Pinterest boards, share our pins and repins.
- Show us what great teaching looks like by uploading your photos of inspiring teaching.
- Ask Congress to support educators where it really counts, in their pocketbooks
- Nominate an amazing teacher for People Magazine’s 2013 Teacher of the Year Award
- Share our “What Educators Really Want for Teacher’s Day” poll results
- Visit your local school to find out what you can do to show your appreciation.
Finally, we’ll be posting a multitude of photos on Instragram to #thankateacher throughout the week.