Thank you for helping raise awareness of the 2020 census. As educators, we are in a unique position to reassure others in our communities that participation in the census is safe, important, and necessary.
Below, please find everything you’ll need.
Show off your census awareness in action.
* Please be sure to adhere to your school or district’s policies about distributing materials. When in doubt, ask an administrator for clarification.
Home and Distance Learning Activities
April 1 – Census Day
Late April – Non-response Follow-up Begins
August 14 – Last Day to be Counted in the Census
Additional Groups For Outreach
Organizations below are among some examples of the many diverse community partners leading community-specific 2020 census outreach work in African American, Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI), Latino, and Native American communities. The Census Counts coalition also offers central coordination for such activism.
Many of these groups have census outreach campaigns and resources that can benefit your classroom, state/local union activities and community. Some of the resources you can find include:
- Promotional census materials and outreach guides,
- Census ambassador programs recruiting people to host census awareness events targeting diverse and traditionally undercounted communities,
- Sharable social media graphics for use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram,
- Maps and research on the impact of the census on diverse undercounted communities,
- Outreach events that you may be able to partner with.
African American Community Organizations
National Urban League
The National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
National Action Network
Asian and Pacific Islander Community Organizations
Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
Asian Americans Advancing Justice
Asian Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote)
Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA)
Latino Community Organizations
National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials
U.S. Hispanic Leadership Institute
Native American Community Organizations
Center for Native American Youth (CNAY) at the Aspen Institute
National Congress of American Indians
National Indian Education Association
National Urban Indian Family Coalition (NUIFC)
Urban Indian Health Institute (UIHI)